Done For You IG Story + Close Friends Content Plan for December 2022
This is a no-stress zone as we wind down 2022. As you enter holiday selling mode, prepare for upcoming launches, and work on closing out your year, we’re excited to hand you a full December plan for Instagram stories AND close friends’ content upgrades to keep your IG stories fresh.
Directions: Take each day by day, tailoring the theming to where you are in your own sales/launch journey.
• IG Story: Lay out a transparent look at your coming month. What are your priorities and goals? Set a reminder to check back in mid-way through and update your audience.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Go deeper into some behind-the-scenes workings of your December business plans. What secret sales are happening, what undercover offers can your close friend’s access, and what are you not yet sharing publicly?
• IG Story: Explain a problem that the business has recently encountered or is tackling – how are you being proactive as a CEO and how can you instill confidence in potential clients that you are willing to do the hard stuff?
• Close Friends Upgrade: Show more of your personality + get real about how this problem FELT to you (the person behind the biz). Use this as a moment to get closer to your CF community.
• IG Story: Flashback to 6 months ago- where were you in biz, what were you working on, how did that go, and what has gotten you to the point you’re at currently? Share lessons you learned along the way or decisions you made that helped you keep going over the last 6 months.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Reveal even more BTS from your work over the last 6 months- what went on privately in your business that people did not see through social media?
• IG Story: Share an affirmation you have for the next sale or launch you’re hosting. What is one single thing that you would like to impact? Boil it down to a concise statement and speak on it at any length you’d like.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Recap a moment where you had the impact you spoke of on public, explain the story of helping a client or creating a result for a student and discuss why this is your goal for the upcoming sales event.
• IG Story: Show how you get it done, take your followers on a typical workday as you prepare for a launch or work on your next offer. Share a schedule in the morning and do regular update check-ins throughout the day.
•Close Friends Upgrade: Share the “real moments” throughout your day and don’t be afraid to be EXTRA messy/silly. Treat this like a point of true connection and let your close friends followers see more of the madness!
• IG Story: Go back in the archives and find a post you did in your early days of IG, analyze it and either re-promote this message OR explain what’s different now. For example: If you’re a coach for new parents and previously posted on car seat safety but guidelines have changed since then, use this as a way to talk about updates and let your audience know that outdated information is being archived or edited so they can always come to you for current information.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Pull a second archival post or old post and break down why or why not this message stands true in the current climate of your industry- tell your main stories that you’re sharing even more on close friends so they’re excited to join you there!
• IG Story: If you could only use one tool in your business what would that be? While you may use similar software to others in your space, you never know what clients might be curious about or actually be unfamiliar with. Use this time to promote a software/tech tool you LOVE and give a tour of how you use it for your own business.
• Close Friends Upgrade: While you’re on the topic of tech tours, swap tabs and open up a page with a secret view of your upcoming launch/offer. Share an “unexpected look at what’s in the works” so your close friends can get excited about what is going to be available to them soon.
• IG Story: Ask the audience what THEY are working on, planning for, or curious about in 2023. Use this time to do some research on the important topics that your potential customers care about most for the coming year (utilize the poll, slider, and Q&A function on stories for this).
• Close Friends Upgrade: Tell your close friends something you’re working on for Q1 of next year and ask for their honest opinions since these are your closest community members! Ask direct questions about how this plan sounds or what they may want more of/less of in regard to your own offerings.
• IG Story: How does your offer work? If you’re close to a launch or planning on releasing in the coming quarter, start warming people up to the logistics of what you’re selling. How are you facilitating the offer, what’s the ideal process, and what can they expect from you/your team upon purchase?
• Close Friends Upgrade: Share a sneaky *extra* piece about how select clients/VIPS/upsell buyers/etc will get access to additional items from you. If you haven’t yet planned your upsell, start a conversation about what your ideal clients may want (ask them!) and get them excited about the idea of being a VIP.
• IG Story: Come back to your day one plan and discuss where you are in the month, how you’re feeling about winding down December, and what you’ve shifted to feel like your best business self this month.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Tell your close friends about any special access they might have with you this month- are you spending every afternoon in the DMs? Want them to chat via text? Tell them! Invite these close friends to stay in constant touch even through the December craziness.
• IG Story: Hand off your stories to a team member OR a trusted client to take the audience behind the scenes of working with you. Have them highlight your process from their perspective and use this as an authority builder for your business as a whole.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Have your takeover host share their favorite OR funniest story about working with you and give your close friends followers more of a look at your personality.
• IG Story: Share your best social proof from recent weeks and don’t forget to add to highlights! Tell your followers more about how this person got the results they did, and which offer or upcoming launch will get them the same results.
• Close Friends: Grab another piece of social proof that was very special to you (from any time) and take a few moments to speak on the journey that you went through with the student/client. This may have been a challenge for you, been emotional, or been a new experience that stuck with you- use this time to add the human element to your close friends stories!
• IG Story: Help your followers get to know you by reintroducing the regular cast of characters in your life. Who’s involved in your biz/day-to-day life? What should they know about the person behind the business, and what are your favorite things about yourself that differentiate you from others in your space?
• Close Friends Upgrade: What’s something PG-13, embarrassing, or secret that only your BFFs know about you? Let your close friends in on more of who you are! Ex: Only my best friends know this, but in high school, I’d sneak out to play gigs with my band at nightclubs in our downtown!
• IG Story: Transparent offer update! Time to share more about your next release- where are you in the process? When can people expect to purchase? What is your priority today to move the needle?
• Close Friends: Share a tiny sampling of your offer to your close friends- either a screenshottable tidbit that feels like a juicy “get” for them or a mini behind-the-scenes tour of a different resource.
• IG Story: Grab a comment from a recent post or a DM you’ve received recently and answer it in detail, respond further, or share more ideas on what the original poster said. This can be an educational moment that shows how engaged you are with your audience.
• Close Friends: Discuss something you’ve noticed recently via your DMs or comments (cementing the point that you’re tuned in to your audience). This can be a question you’ve seen multiple times or an idea that you’d like to correct/clarify more on.
• IG Story: Call yourself out on something that you know others may be dealing with (i.e overwork or something related to your offer and client segment). Talk about how you want to share this publicly because you’re actively working on combatting it and want your followers to know that they’re not in this alone. Share your resources on the subject OR helpful resources that you’ve been using.
• Close Friends: Show your close friends a photo of you from a different time and discuss how this person transformed into who you are now– how did that journey happen? What mindset shifts took place?
• IG Story: Let your audience vote on something related to your upcoming launch or offer so that they feel as though they’ve played a part in building it! This can be a poll regarding color schemes, taglines, layout of a section on the sales page, the title of a module, etc.
• Close Friends: Reveal something you’ve just finished with your offer (like a new part of the program or copy for the sales page) and tell your audience what helped you accomplish this piece (i.e thinking about the client, envisioning a transformation, etc).
• IG Story: Tell your audience your upcoming availability/break times. When will you be in or out of the office over the coming week and what do they need to do to take advantage of your offers before 2022 comes to a close? Add an FAQ page and save it to highlights so there is full clarity around what you’re doing as the month closes out.
• Close Friends: Check in with your close friends and give them a sneak peek of what you’re doing when you have a bit of time off (snoozing, netflixing, doing a family bake off, etc)- bonus points if you have photographic evidence from years prior.
• IG Story: Share a public-facing tour of your offer in greater detail than you’ve done before- click through resources or demonstrate the process of working through the program on the screen. Share how to purchase or remind viewers to set their calendars for your open cart.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Show your close friends extra love by giving them an exclusive tip right out of your newest offer or upcoming launch. What is something juicy that they’d LOVE to know?
• IG Story: Close out with a final recap of your month and update on where you’re taking the business in Q1- what can followers expect from you and what can they get excited about? Use this to continue promoting your upcoming launch.
• Close Friends Upgrade: Give your close friends a secret emoji to use on your upcoming feed post, if they use this emoji in a comment you’ll send them something special from the next launch- like a mini discount code, special insight, or early access freebie!
⭐️ Get The Latest Tips for a High Converting IG ⭐️
The Goods is your weekly download of all things business scaling and magnetic marketing, from exclusive content by Shannon to incredible guest contributors. We’ve got what you need.